Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Jefferson Bible

I just started reading The Jefferson Bible. I consider myself agnostic. However recently like many my people my age, I have been asking the Why? question with more frequency. So I began reading the New Testament but even that is a little to much for me to digest. So I figure I will start with Jefferson's rational version of the New Testament and move up from there. If you feel so inclined you may find it at:

http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/

Thomas Jefferson believed that the ethical system of Jesus was the finest the world has ever seen. In compiling what has come to be called "The Jefferson Bible," he sought to separate those ethical teachings from the religious dogma and other supernatural elements that are intermixed in the account provided by the four Gospels. He presented these teachings, along with the essential events of the life of Jesus, in one continuous narrative.

No comments: